Privacy Notice for Users Who Apply or Sign Up for tapXphone account
This Privacy Notice describes how IBA Group a.s. and our affiliates (collectively, “IBA,” “we,” and “us”) collect, use, disclose, transfer, store, retain or otherwise process your information when you (whether you are a person acting as a sole proprietor or on behalf of another business entity) apply or sign up for a tapXphone Merchant account and other tapXphone services through tapXphone’s website or applications (collectively, “Services”).
This Privacy Notice applies to information collected in connection with your access to and use of our Services. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully. By continuing to interact with our Services, you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
We use your data to make Services work better for you and for others. This describes what data we get about you (which can vary depending on where you live).
We use data you put into our systems when you open and use an account or other systems, like financial or tax information, information that identifies who you are, transaction information, and any other data you give us.
We collect information you provide when you:
- Make a request to receive information about tapXphone or our products;
- Apply or sign up for a tapXphone account or other Services;
- Go through our identity or account verification process, authenticate into your account, communicate with us, answer our surveys, upload content, or otherwise interact with the Services.
We call this information Merchant Account Data.
Specifically, we collect (and/or have collected during at least the 12-month period preceding the effective date of this Privacy Notice) the following categories of information:
- Identification Information, such as:
- Name, email address, postal and legal addresses, and phone number;
- Taxpayer Identification number, or other government-issued identification number, or acquerer-issued identification number;
- Transaction Information, such as information about when and where payment transactions occur, the names of the transacting parties, a description of the transactions, the payment or transfer amounts, billing and shipping information, and the devices and payment methods used to complete the transactions.
- Other Information You Provide, such as information that you voluntarily provide to us, including your survey responses; participation in contests, promotions, or other prospective seller marketing forms or devices; suggestions for improvements; referrals; or any other actions you perform on the Services.
We also get data from the devices you use when you interact with our systems, like your location or information about the device you’re using. We need this data to help protect your account from hackers, combat fraud, check if payments are being made or received legally and by you, and making our products and services better for you and others.
- Commercial information, such as information information about your payment transactions (e.g., when and where the transactions occur, a description of the transactions, the payment or transfer amounts, billing and shipping information, and payment methods used to complete the transactions);
- Electronic information, such as web browser and device characteristics, including hardware model, operating system and version, device name, unique device identifier, device fingerprint, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with our Services.
- Geolocation data, which includes the location of your device. For more information and to learn how to disable collection of location information from your mobile device, please see below;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, which includes information about how you use and interact with our Services, including your access time, “log-in” and “log-out” information, browser type and language, the domain name of your internet service provider, other attributes about your browser, any specific page you visit on our platform, content you view, features you use, the date and time of your use of the Services, your search terms, and the website you visited before you visited or used the Services;
- Online identifiers (e.g., information you use to log in to your account), Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and unique personal identifiers (including device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology; customer number; unique alias, and other identifiers);
- Professional or employment-related information, such as information you provide about your business and your employees; and
- Inferences drawn from any of the information above to create a profile about you that may reflect, for example, your preferences, characteristics, and behavior, including for account security purposes or to enhance our Services to you.
We also obtain information about your customers on your behalf when they transact with you. We call this information Your Customers’ Data. We collect Your Customers’ Data when they transact with you through your use Services, for instance when they make a payment at your establishment. The particular Customer Data we collect will vary depending on how you use our products and services and which products and services you use. Your Customers’ Data may include:
- Financial Information. Payment card numbers, and payment history.
- Transaction Information. When Your Customers use tapXphone mobile application to make or record payments to you, we collect information about when and where the transactions occur, the names of the transacting parties, a description of the transactions which may include item-level data, the payment or transfer amounts, billing and shipping information, and the devices and payment methods used to complete the transactions.
- Identification information. Your customers’ email address, or telephone number, to send digital receipts.
We collect your information from you and the other sources listed below.
We collect (and/or have collected during at least the 12-month period preceding the effective date of this Privacy Notice) information about you from the following categories of sources:
- You directly, when you submit information to us or allow us to access information about you;
- Your devices and applications when you interact with our website or use our Services;
- Our group companies and affiliates;
- Other sources, including:
- Banks and financial institutions;
- Solution Partners who integrate with tapXphone solution.
We use your data to make sure the products you are using work, help you log in to your account, verify who you are, secure your data and Customers' Data, fight fraud, follow the law, comply with the requirements of payment systems, enforce our agreements, figure out what new products we can build, and market products to you that we think could make it easier for you to run your business.
We may collect, use and share (or have collected, used or shared during at least the 12-month period preceding the effective date of this Privacy Notice), information about you for the following reasons:
- Delivering the information and support you request, including technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages such as to provide assistance for problems with our Servicest;
- Determining whether the Services are available in your country;
- Developing new products and services;
- Displaying your historical transaction or appointment information;
- Improving, personalizing, and facilitating your use of our Services;
- Processing or recording payment transactions or money transfers;
- Providing, maintaining and improving our Services, including our website;
- Doing internal research, measuring, tracking, and analyzing trends and usage; and
- Otherwise providing you with the IBA products and features you choose to use.
- Sending you surveys and getting your feedback about our Services;
- Providing information about and promoting our Services to you; and
- Sending you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us about our products and services.
- Conducting investigations, complying with and enforcing applicable laws, regulations, legal requirements and industry standards, and responding to lawful requests for information from the government or to valid legal process;
- Contacting you to help you with our Services;
- Debugging to identify and fix errors that impair how our Services function;
- Investigating, detecting, preventing, recovering from or reporting fraud, misrepresentations, security breaches or incidents, other potentially prohibited, malicious, or illegal activities, or to otherwise help protect your account, including to dispute chargebacks on your behalf;
- Protecting your, our, our customers’, or your customers’ rights or property, or the security or integrity of our Services;
- Verifying or maintaining the quality and safety of our Services; and
- Verifying your identity (e.g., through government-issued identification numbers).
- Marketing our Services to you; and
- Communicating with you about opportunities, products, services offered by us and select partners.
If we send you marketing emails, each email will have instructions on how you can “opt out” of getting future marketing from us.
- For any other reason we may tell you about from time to time.
We share your information with others in the circumstances described in this section. For example, with other people with whom you interact when you use our services; with service providers who help us run our services; or if we need to share your information to comply with the law.
- With other users of our Services with whom you interact through your own use of our Services. For example, we may share information with your customers when you accept a payment, or money transfer using our Services.
- With our group companies and corporate affiliates, for the reasons outlined above. For example, we may share your information internally to understand how you engage with IBA company products to help make our Services better for you and for everyone, and to help us build Services tailored to your preferences.
- With service providers who help us provide, maintain, and improve our Services, as well as financial institutions, payment networks, payment card associations, credit bureaus, partners and other entities that help us provide the Services
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary (i) to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request (e.g., from creditors, tax authorities, law enforcement agencies, in response to a garnishment, levy, or lien notice, etc.); (ii) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (iii) to enforce or comply with our License agreement or other applicable agreements or policies; (iv) to protect our or our customers’ rights or property, or the security or integrity of our Services; (v) for an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vi) to protect us, users of our Services or the public from harm, fraud, or potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
- With your consent. For example:
- At your direction or as described at the time you agree to share; or
- When you authorize a third party application or website to access your information.
- We also may share (within our group of companies or affiliates, or with service providers or other third parties) aggregated and anonymized information that does not specifically identify you or any individual user of our Services.
Digital cookies and similar technologies help us make our services better to use by doing things like recognizing when you’ve signed in, analyzing how you use our services so we can make them more useful to you, giving you a more personalized experience, and making our ads to you work better.
When you interact with our online services, or open emails we send you, we obtain certain information using automated technologies, such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an internet tag, pixel tag, or clear GIF, is a tiny graphic image that may be used in our websites or emails.
We use these automated technologies to collect your device information, internet activity information, and inferences as described above. These technologies help us to:
- Remember your information so you do not have to re-enter it;
- Track and understand how you use and interact with our online services and emails;
- Tailor our online services to your preferences;
- Measure how useful and effective our services and communications are to you; and
- Otherwise manage and enhance our products and services.
Your browser can alert you when cookies are placed on your device, and how you can stop or disable them via your browser settings. Please note, however, that without cookies all of the features of our online services may not work properly. If you use a mobile device, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by changing the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. You can learn more about cookies and how to manage your preferences by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
We keep your information as long as you keep using our products and services. After that, we keep it for as long as we need it in order to fight fraud, collect the fees you owe, follow the law, enforce our agreements and defend our rights in court.
We generally keep your information as long as reasonably necessary to provide you the Services or to comply with applicable law. However, even after you deactivate your Merchant account, we can retain copies of information about you and any transactions or Services in which you may have participated for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law, applicable statute of limitations or as we believe is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, to detect or prevent fraud, to collect fees owed, to resolve disputes, to address problems with our Services, to assist with investigations, to enforce our License agreement or other applicable agreements or policies, or to take any other actions consistent with applicable law.
You may access, change or fix information you gave us, ask us to deactivate your account, control your location information.
You may access, change, or correct information that you have provided by logging into your Merchant account at any time or by making a request to your bank partner.
If you wish to deactivate your Merchant account, you can do so by making a request to your bank partner.
In order to provide certain Services, we may request access to location information, including precise geolocation information collected from your device. If you do not consent to the collection of this information, certain Services will not function properly and you will not be able to use those Services. You can stop our collection of location information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, some function of tapXphone mobile applications will no longer work. You also may stop our collection of location information via mobile application by following the standard uninstall process to remove tapXphone mobile application from your device.
We do a lot to keep your data and Customers' data safe. While we think we have strong defenses in place, no one can ever guarantee that hackers won’t be able to break into our sites or steal your data while it is stored or flowing from you to us or vice versa.
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to protect your information from loss, theft, and misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, the internet is not a 100% secure environment, and we cannot guarantee absolute security of the transmission or storage of your information. We hold information about you both at our own premises and with the assistance of third-party service providers.
We operate in many countries, and we (or our service providers) may move your data and process it outside the country where you live.
We may, and we may use third-party service providers to, process and store your information in the European Union and other countries.
We can change this privacy notice. When the changes impact your rights or how we use your data in important ways, we’ll tell you first by email (if you’ve given us your email address).
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time by posting a revised version and updating the “Effective Date” above. The revised version will be effective on the “Effective Date” listed. We will provide you with reasonable prior notice of material changes in how we use your information, including by email if you have provided one. If you disagree with these changes, you may cancel your account and delete tapXphone application. If you keep using our Services, you consent to any amendment of this Privacy Notice.